Friday, April 15, 2005

Tuesday April 12 - PARTY and more PAATI!!!!!!!!

So today we did more running around. Today we met up with serveral professors who will be teaching us the Engineering courses to discuss the syllabus and the Waterloo 3A textbooks we brought over.

First we met with Suzuki-sensei, who is going to be teaching us Thermodynamics. He's a extremely nice man and I look forward to the class.

We then had a break, so I went to the library to use the internet and work on some Japanese.

Then we met up with Kitamura-sensei who will be teaching us the Systems Models course. I regret not bringing my Signals and fluids textbooks and notes from last term. They would ahve really helped. We then fixed our timetable

So afterward was the welcoming party. We had to make speeches to introduce ourselves. It went really well. We met the president of the university, we met students from other labs and all the professors of the department. And like always in Japan, there were TONS OF FOOD. Everyday this week that Ive been here I have eaten sushi and other exotic and unique Japanese food. So I must be many pounds heavier than when I left Canada. They keep feeding us and feeding us non-stop. Which is also a good thing considering that our bank accounts havent been set up yet and that I have very little money left. So the party went really well. We also met two American english teachers. They live near our residence, so hopefully I can hang-out with them sometime. I defintely can learn a lot from them.

So after the welcoming party, the Urban planning laboratory (another research area within Social systems engineering) had an after party for us. The food was transported over to another room. And We ate, we drank and we drank more. Ana, Will, Richard, Teresa and myself were teaching the Japanese guys some Canadian drinking games like "I never ever...".



Click Here for video of party (quicktime .mov)

We also taught them the Engineering drinking song. It was a blast. Most of the Japanese guys were drunk at a really early stage. I left the party after 6 drinks sober. It's funny to see how the Canada has made me alcohol-tough. Well then again, Richard, Will and Teresa were drunk so I wouldnt say it's Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home