Saturday, September 10, 2005

Radwimps Concert

On September 3rd, during the first weekend in Tokyo/Yokohama, Hamada (one of the two company freshman who lives with me at the dorm), Matsuzaki (one of the two females on the ITS team with me) and Tsuji (another co-worker from Nippon-Koei but different department) took me to a concert of a punk-rock band called The Radwimps in downtown Yokohama. The name at first sounded really corny but it grew on me.
The Radwimps (www.radwimps.jp)
Their new album: "Radwimps 2"

Before going to the concert Hamada lent me his Radwimps CD "Radwimps 2" their latest album. I was totally expecting something really cheesy but it ended up being really awesome. And when we actually went and saw them live at the concert, they were even more awesome. They sounded soooo good live. Rarely do bands or singers sound better live than they do on recordings. All the girls in the crowd were yelling "AKIRA!!!" (Akira is the lead singer of the Radwimps).
Hamada and I at the Radwimps concert
The mood of the crowd in the concert was extremely calm considering it was a hit punk rock band. There was a balcony where people were actually seated. Matsuzaki and Tsuji were seated up in the balcony. They had VIP passes of some sort. The bottom level were might as well have been sitting. They were all standing without any movement whatsoever even during the hit songs. Then you had the front of the bottom level where people were bobbing their heads and bouncing up down. There was only a tiny tiny mosh pit near centre stage (consisted of like 5 people hahahahaha). The craziness of rock concerts don't compare to the ones in Canada at all. I almost got my head knocked off two summers ago during the Finger Eleven concert in Waterloo with Shruthi. Then we all went for dinner. They treated me again cause they knew I was a poor student who cant afford extremely expensive meals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home