Thursday, October 13, 2005

Breaking into the Tokyo Social Scene

So I have finally broken into the Tokyo social scene. My friend James, from Canada who happens to be teaching English in Tokyo, took me out clubbing the other day in Shinjuku. Shinjuku, like Shibuya, is a huge shopping/night life district here in Tokyo. The stupid thing about partying at night in Tokyo is that if you miss the last train, you are forced to stay out until 5 am the next day. It completely kills your weekend cause of fatigue. I completely dont understand why the trains here in Tokyo don't run 24 hours a day like they do in New York considering that it is the most dense city in the world.

So I ended up meeting other cool people.
Jed, Chris, and Ryan are all from the USA. They're a fun bunch to hang out with. They introduced me to a few other people. So we all go out drinking, clubbing, karaoke, and partying the past two weekends. I have never partied so much before in my life.

Jed at Moss BurgerChris at Moss Burger
Chris and Ryan on the JR trainJed and I on the JR train

My parents are coming to visit me next week! YAY! I havent seen them in like 7 months. And I get to do my Tokyo sightseeing all in one weekend!! Considering I have been avoiding it for the past two months this would be a great chance to get it all done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home