Thursday, October 13, 2005

Oktoberfest in Japan

So I went out with Richard and Ana on Sunday in Yokohama. I took them on the same route I took along the habour front a few weeks ago. They were really impressed as I was when I first went to Yokohama.

So near the end, we stumbled up this festival going on in a big white tent. It was OKTOBERFEST in Yokohama. We couldn't believe our eyes. Waterloo has the second largest Oktoberfest in the world second to the ones in Germany. So we were really surprised to see that there are actually festivities going on in Japan. I didn't bring my camera, so Richard took all of the photos. It was crazy. The Japanese go wild when there is alcohol. Ana got this really tall glass of beer and I bought some sausages. It was quite impressive considering that its Japan. They had a German band and they even altered one of the traditional German Oktoberfest drinking songs to suit the Japanese crowd more. It was quite humerous. The last time I went to Oktoberfest was in Waterloo two years ago with Rob, Sara, and Rob's friend Kim.

I'd like to give special shout outs to all our classmates who are doing their exchange in Germany and wish them a happy and mucho drunken Oktoberfest. Of course our imitation Ok-fest is nothing compared to yours.

(photos courtesy of Richard)


Myself, Richard, and Ana at Oktoberfest Yokohama



Its soooo Japanese to do something so corny as a train during Ok-fest. But it was fun nevertheless
mmmmm weiners in a bento box

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home