Thursday, November 03, 2005

Tokyo Motor Show

So on October 28th I went to this extremely boring ITS Japan conference/seminar for work (Since I belong to the ITS - Intelligent Transpot Systems- dept at Nippon Koei). Basically all it was was people making presentations and talking non stop for 3 hours. I went with Ishikawa from work. And to top it off, it was all in Japanese, so I was only able to catch a bit of it. Both of us ended up sleeping/napping for most of it. hahahahaha. We were joking aftertwards that that was one good thing that came out of that boring conference. BUT, we got free tickets to the Tokyo Motor Show.

So today, a Thursday and a Japanese national holiday (Japan has shit loads of national holidays.. today was "Culture Day"... hahahaha everyday is Culture Day in Japan for me), so we didnt have to work. So
Ishikawa, Tsuji, Matsuzaki, and I went to the Tokyo Motor Show which was held in Chiba prefecture. Ishikawa picked Tsuji and I up from our dormitory and we met Matsuzaki there at the car show.

Overall it was very interesting. I found it to be somewhat similar to the Toronto Car Show but of course it was bigger and with female models posing with the vehicles. Most prominently, there were much much much more concept vehicles. It was really neat. You didn't need to know a lot about cars to enjoy yourself. They also had tons of simulators and 3D ride type things. I got to try the Honda simulator. It was the first time I had gotten behind a steering wheel in 8 months. Kinda scary ay? hahahahaha. At certain pavillions there was dancing and Japanese girls speaking with an overly-enthusiastic tone (so perky you want to throw up). But overall, i had a great time. It was also nice being able to bond with these guys from work.

Ishikawa and Tsuji




Perky Japanese dancing

I thought these handicap aided cars were the neatest. I was especially inspired because of my Aunt Winnie. Shes an amazing driver, so this gives me hope that she can continue to drive and go places when she gets older.



Nissan Pivo.. isn't it adorable.. or in Japanese... KAWAI!More perky dancingBad boys bad boys, what cha gonna do when they come for you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home