Sunday, October 23, 2005

Akikawa Valley - Nippon Koei Social Outting

So my entire department, not just my ITS team, went out for a company social outting in Akikawa Valley, located east of Tokyo. It was a lot of fun.

At first when we arrived,
Tsushima and Hamada, the two freshman who live in the dormitory with me, organized a scavenger hunt. Lucky me, I was put on a team with my supervisor Fujitaka, the big boss of the department Ishibashi, and some other dude I don't know the name of. Basically what we had to do was to hike around Akikawa and take pictures of specific landmarks. Along the way we also got to stop to eat a Japanese delicacy called "Konyaku" a type of sea jelly. It was super yummy.


My boss/supervisor, Fujitaka, and I

Me, the other dude, and Ishibashi enjoying our konyaku
Me being silly with my Konyaku
Me, Fujitaka, and Ishibashi enjoying our Konyaku
Hamanaka, the other ITS manager, taking a picture of his scavenger hunt team

The fall colours in the leaves were starting to come in so it was absolutely gorgeous. After the scavenger hunt, all the teams ended up near the shore of a river where Matsuzaki and Ishikawa, both from my ITS team at work, were preparing a HUGE BBQ for everyone. I aboslutely love Japanese barbeques. Unlike the boring hamburger and hotdog bbqs we have at home in Canada, Japanese BBQs have EVERYTHING. They dump everything on the grill and its super yummy. I always over eat at Japanese BBQs.
mmmm Japanese BBQ


After the BBQ, I went into a car with Hamada and Tsushima back to the dormitory.
I enjoyed myself. I got to know a lot of my coworkers better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home