Sunday, November 06, 2005

Random Japanese Festival

So I went to buy gifts for my family and friends at the market in Sensoji shrine in the Asakusa area of Tokyo. Suprisingly, out of ALL of Tokyo, Asakusa is the only place where you can find Japanese souvenirs. Tokyo is more of the modern clothing shopping type of city. So.. as I was browsing stuff a parade or a festival of some sort suddenly starts. A whole bunch of old ladies dressed in Japanese traditional wear start dancing in two lines. I was really impressed with their moves considering their age. This is so typical of the Japanese. They really enjoy their festivals. I think its a really nice part of the culture. We should have more random things like this in Canada.

(Click here for a video of the parade)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home