Saturday, November 12, 2005

Yokohama Int'l Triennale of Contemporary Art & Ramen Museum

Every morning when I'm commuting to work, I see these ads advertising the Yokohama 2005 Triennale of Contemporary Art. I've been tempted to go for the past few weeks, but have been to lazy to get off my ass. But finally I went to today. It was really really interesting. It was located in the stunning harbour front of Yokohama. Suitably, the triennale was held in warehouses near the port.

The entire exibition was titled
"Art Circus (Jumping from the Ordinary)". Its goal is to reconsider and revaluate the function of art and the power of art in modern society. It featured contemporary works by artists from all over the world. There were very few paintings, mostly just random creations. Photos weren't allowed for most of the exibition, so I took where I can.
Sculpture beforing entering the front gates
Front gate
Path which takes me to the front entrance of the exibition
Bar in the shape of an anus. I couldnt stop laughing. It was erotic, disturbing, humerous and artistic all at once.
This picture is dedicated to Gary.. hahahahahahahaha
After the Triennale, I decided to go to the Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum. Basically its like a little theme park where they have restaurants and a tiny museum on ramen noodles. The entire place is decorated such that it looks like the 50's and 60's. They had approximately 8 different restaurants each offering different styles of ramen noodles from all over Japan. I had three GIANT bowls. I was soooo full. It was a really neat experience. I'm defintely gonna come back to chow down on more ramen before I leave.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home